Friday, October 23, 2009

Good thing I have friends who are brighter than I am.

Last night, a handsome gentleman (to remain anonymous) hosted a farewell gathering for me at a cool North Beach tapas bar. It was the perfect chance for me to say goodbye to my San Francisco friends. Thank you to those who are reading this and showed up yesterday. I'm going to miss seeing you around town over the course of the next few months. I really appreciated you taking the time to come stop by and hang out for a bit. Hope you all had a good of time as I did. $2 Sangria happy hour. Enough said.

Anyway, at the end of the night, my friend Andrea asks me when I depart from SFO. I say "I have a 1 am flight out on Thursday." She rolls her eyes up and says, "Wait, 1 am Wednesday night or Thursday night." This really made me think. A little too hard. Crap. This entire time, I have it in my head that the flight is 1 am Thursday night. It's not. It's really 1 am Thursday morning, meaning I have lost an entire day....oookay, so I need to pick up the pace on packing up my room and backpack. It might also be a good idea to let Mom and Dad know to take me to the airport on Wednesday night, not Thursday. Done and done. And Andrea, if you are reading this now - You are a lifesaver. Thank you.

On another note, in a previous post, I mentioned the women's self-defense workshop I was signed up to attend tomorrow in San Jose. Last night, I received an email from the organization stating, "Unfortunately due to low enrollment and cancellations, we've had to cancel the RARE workshop this weekend. We've finalized arrangements for a new workshop on the date of Saturday, Dec 19th from 10am - 2:30pm at the River Community Church on 1st Street (same location)." Hmm. This isn't going to work out for me. Good thing I ordered the Triple Action Mace, and my friend Corso bought me a sweet knife for dicey situations. I also have my rape whistle. Maybe one more Capoiera class at the JCC this Sunday would be a good idea before taking off next Wednesday. If anyone has survivor skills they want to teach me over the next 5 days, please contact me immediately. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment