Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's a Small Small World

Not all is lost.

About an hour ago, I asked the hotel receptionist to have someone bring a laptop up to my room so I could check my email and notify my family members my new phone number in Singapore. I got into my inbox, and sitting there was an email from one of my former Service Source managers, David Hwang. Apparently, he and his wife Stella were starting to plan their Vietnam trip and wanted to see what I had to say about the country on my blog. He saw that I was stuck in Singapore for the next few days and wrote me. What are the chances?

I'm meeting my friend Eric later this afternoon and then might catch DH and Stella for dinner tonight. Maybe I won't have to spend Christmas alone this year after all. (Nate, if you're still feeling a little homesick for the fam, get your butt over here to Singapore and join me!)

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that Eric was around. Tell those clowns at the embassy to stop taking days off and get you your passport. Do they know who they are dealing with?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete